Thread: Grief
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

And I couldn't help but think of Jayco when I read this...

Excessive mourning is nonproductive, someone remarks. A social inconvenience, downright inconsiderate, in the public eye. Life, according to my Orientalist friend, is a passage, a corridor, and she bid me to rid myself of morbid brooding.

Bulls*h*i*t*! I'm angry.

-Toby Talbot

"No one wants to be inconsiderate of others, but right now it's more important that we not be inconsiderate of ourselves. We have been wounded. We need care. We need care from others, and we need care from ourselves. No one but we can know which is the best way to express our grief. And if we're angry - and it's legitimate to be angry at this blow that has been dealt us - we need to express our anger.

So if we make other people uncomfortable, or if we seem to be "more upset" than they think we should be - that's their problem. It's time for us to move on to other friends who are more understanding.

I will not be intimidated by the opinions of others on how I should be feeling. I am inside my head and heart, and I know.

Healing After Loss Martha Whitmore Hickman

Wanting to leave Jayco a hug and a reminder that she isn't alone.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-23-2010), barbo (10-23-2010), Doody (10-23-2010), wishnomore (10-25-2010)