Old 10-23-2010, 03:52 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
Thanks for the reply, Paula and Everett,

I have wondered if maybe I am simply going off but, if so, it is a much worse off than the one I wake up with, which puzzles me. And, after my first dose (before breakfast), I don't pay much attention to food....Big mistake? No one every told me to time this - would I wait an hour or so between food and medication?

Everett, I always eat breakfast, I get a headache otherwise. However, I wait until meds are at least starting to work before eating. What do you think?

Thank you all so much.

Sasha
Unfortunately, sinemet is a good on but a bad off. I didn't have cramping and dystonia until I was well into the disease and on sinemet. Watch your diet, i'd be willing to bet that is at least part of the problem. Protein and dairy are real med blockers for many of us. I eat fruit, cereal, or yogurt. The days of eggs benedict with bacon have been long gone. I have eggs and vegetables for dinner now, not breakfast.

I'd write it all down for at least a week if you can. This is something that can be managed if you figure out your own food/med regimen. As for the worse off, that could be dystonia or it could mean that your med isn't working and you are even lower in dopamine that when you woke up. That means other chemicals are off too.

I'm wondering why your doctor didn't at least consider this a possibility. it doesn't sound like less sinemet will change anything but i could be wrong and please let us know.

good luck

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 10-23-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: i see that you already said it didn't help. the problem is too little dopamine not too much
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote