View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 11:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cerebellar Ataxia

You gals are so great, unbelievable really. I heard back from my sister this morning and she as well was so thankful for your kindness. However, she and her doctor, who was part of Dr. Andrew Weil's Integrative Medicine group at the University of AZ, (pretty impressive I thought), decided that more testing was not the right way to go as she struggled with this 3-4 years before diagnosis. She has pages of testing from Mayo so she might have been tested, she's not sure. I'd like to share her words as she really touched me with them, and, I suppose each of our journeys will take us one day to the point where she is: "My body can't take any more uphill climbs above and beyond the ones I already face each day. If I allow my body what it needs each day, my body reciprocates with the best it can each day. We are content with each other -- my body and I -- and my quality of life in Maria Joseph manor is good -- the best possible outcome I believe." So I think we now just hope and pray for a lot of good days and the strength to live the best we all can.
Thank you once again.
Gratefully,
Cathy
Cathy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote