View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Poirot:
Reread your post-
You wake up slow and stiff like a good parkie, take meds, they start working, you have breakfast (carbs?)

This is true - but I do better with protein, and, after breakfast I'm on for about 3 hours.
The next describes my reaction to subsequent doses:

Thirty minutes later you can't move. Tell me if any of these apply-
Taking extra doesn't do a thing.
Your arms and legs are useless but weak, not rigid. (no, legs are rigid)Somewhere along the line your bladder gets very active.
When things start to work again they come online fast, say 10 minutes.
The routine is predictable.

True - this describes me, Everett, except that the first dose doesn't do that.Later doses do.

Conductor, "superoff" sounds like a good name for it. Thank you for the concept! (I ordered the book, too - $22 on Amazon.)

Steve - my physical therapist - who specializes in neurological cases - told me she throught I would be helped by Stalevo. Thanks for sharing your day with me. Where do you get mucuna?

I think your suggestion of keeping a food/med journal is excellent, Paula. As for my doc, I think he is of the "less medication is more benefical in the long run" school of thought and so wants me to cut back if I possibly can...but is is strange that he didn't address the on-off situation. Maybe he thinks too much Sinemet is the cause....and ultimately it sounds like it might be.

Thanks, everybody, for all the great input. I knew you would know more than my doc, and you do!

Sasha
Sasha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote