View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had 2 open spinal surgeries, and I have back & hip pain now, along with severe sciatica. Plus I have osteoporosis.

The hip pain is caused by the sciatica because the sciatic nerve runs from the back, into the hip and down the side of the leg. It COULD be the sciatic nerve, but it just hasn't gone down into the leg yet. I kind of doubt it but it's possible.

Have you had a bone density test done? It might not be a bad idea ~ at least you'll get a baseline for further tests.

Was this diagnosed by MRI?? When was the last MRI you had done? Was it recent? If you haven't had a recent one, you should ~ with and without contrast material.

Best of luck, and I hope they find something to relieve your pain. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote