View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I had the neuro stimulator by MedTronic for 6 months due to PN in my leg. I had the trial, and I THOUGHT it was working, but they gave me so many restrictions during the trial period that I didn't get a good assessment of pain relief. They implanted it, and after the initial healing period I went back to doing my normal routine stuff ~ and WOW the pain was awful again. I kept adjusting the hand-held thingy, but it didn't help. I had the SCS reprogrammed several times, but nothing worked. It seemed like the stimulator just irritated the nerves even more.

Then I ran into another problem ~ the stupid "generator" that they implant started to work itself out of me!!! It turns out that I don't have enough fat content in me to hold the darn thing IN. So they had to remove everything, and that HURTS cause of scar tissue. After 10 years, I still have a very sensitive spot in the mid-back where the leads were placed, due to scar tissue.

All you can do it try it ~ you get a trial period so you can see if it works. Just make sure during the trial that you give it a good TRY - go about your normal routine within reason. I wish you the best of luck and hope it works for you! God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote