View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Things that help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_159 View Post
I'm having a horrible time with work. Whenever I look at text its double, so I can't code anything or proofread documents. I'm also having attacks where I can't open my eyes. I've tried an eye patch, but my other eye gets blurry and shuts after a few minutes.

My doctor wants to correlate IVIg with the thymectomy, but I'm afraid this will drag on. If I was a permanent employee, I would tell them what's going on, but I'm afraid now, they will say they don't want to bring me on. Any advice is appreciated.

Jeff
I understand what you are going through. It is difficult to work full time with MG.

I have found that there are many things that help my MG besides the Mestinon, and I have to do all of them in order to continue working. I have only been able to work part time. Here are some things that I can tell help me.

-For my eyes, I put a cool cloth on them when they have problems.

-Taking specific vitamins: Methyl B12, C, E, Magnesium (probably others as well, but I can tell a difference while taking these)

-Rest whenever possible.

-Drink plenty water

-Eating vegetables, mostly dark green ones.

-Adjusting my Mestinon dose as needed (my eyes are especially sensitive to taking either not enough or too much Mestinon)

-Avoid stress (as much as possible)

-Avoid chemical exposures (pesticides, perfumes, household cleaners, etc)

-Getting a small amount of sunshine every day (Vit D)

I wish you the best. I am also struggling with work.

Take care.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote