View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink SCS and travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
Hoping to go on vacation this week, so curious to see how things go with having these two SCS's in. Will have to bypass security and get a manual inspection...hopefully that won't involve rubber gloves

My family dr. gave me some meds. just in case the implants don't cover the pain while traveling. Since I'm only two months post surgery, I'm trying to be extra careful so as to not mess up the scarring in. So I guess that means no bungee jumping

So, will be off-line until first part of November. Going to the beach, South of Cancun (has been a long time coming), and hoping to get some peace and rest. Will be back soon.
fiona, I hope you have a great trip! I just wanted to tell you that I have traveled alot with my stim and the security is not a big deal. You just have to go the security person and tell them you can't go through metal detector and because of your device. You have to show them your cards of course and then they take you to the side and sometimes pat you down and run the paddles over you. I find out that every airport is different but as long as you tell them right away they are very nice about it. On my last trip to Vegas the security people had me off to the side and had to check my charging materials and then they had me talk about it and were really interested in it But anyway, I just wanted to share those tips because I was extremely nervous to fly with my stim, but now I know it is not a big deal. I also know alot about airport stuff cause mom is a flight attendant and my step dad is a pilot and my husband works at the airport too lol. Good luck and have a great trip Take care'sTara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (10-25-2010)