View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
I am new to this forum but have seen many of you on the TNA web site forums. God bless you for posting and giving the rest of us some clues on how to find help- especially calewark and BMW who have pointed me to PNS/SCS. After four sinus surgeries before successful diagnosis of TN Type 2 at OHSU in 2006, 3 years of many meds including trileptal and Lyrica, SRS at UCLA in 2008 with zero success, MVD in L.A. in 2009 that cleared the original pain but created all new deafferention pain (aka, Anesthesia Dolorosa) and started Fentanyl plus hydrocodone in 2010, I am searching for doctors who perform PNS/SCS. Found many doctors who do PNS/SCS on the Medtronic, Boston Scieentific, etc. web sites but they all use it only below the neck (mainly spinal pain). My pain doctor is going to ask the Boston Scientific sales rep and I have sent questions to all the manufacturers web sites about doctors who use these devices for face pain. Now to the point, with the correct words in the search engine today, here is a new online TN diagnostic questionnaire from where I got my original diagnosis after MRI and physical
examine by Dr. Kim Burchiel and Dr. Andrew Zecast at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). These doctors are the west coast leaders like Dr. Peter Janetta is an east coast leader in treating TN. And, Burchiel makes presentations and publishes at the TNA conferences.
I am new to this forum but have seen many of you on the TNA web site forums. God bless you for posting and giving the rest of us some clues on how to find help- especially calewark and BMW who have pointed me to PNS/SCS. After four sinus surgeries before successful diagnosis of TN Type 2 at OHSU in 2006, 3 years of many meds including trileptal and Lyrica, SRS at UCLA in 2008 with zero success, MVD in L.A. in 2009 that cleared the original pain but created all new deafferention pain (aka Anesthesia Dolorosa) and started Fentanyl plus hydrocodone in 2010, I am searching for doctors who perform PNS/SCS. Found

Many doctors do PNS/SCS on the Medtronic, Boston Scieentific, etc. web sites but they all use it only below the neck (mainly spinal pain). My pain doctor is going to ask the Boston Scientific sales rep and I have sent questions to all the manufacturers web sites about doctors who use these devices for face pain. Now to the point, with the correct words in the search engine today, here is a new online TN diagnostic questionnaire from where I got my original diagnosis after MRI and physical examine by Dr. Kim Burchiel and Dr. Andrew Zecast at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).

These doctors are the west coast leaders like Dr. Peter Janetta is an east coast leader in treating TN. And, he makes presentations and publishes at the TNA conferences. Since I am a new member I caqnnot post the web sites but you can find them with a search on *** then school-of-medicine then neurosurgery or neurological-conditions for info about electrical stimulation and other treatments for TN. Definitely try the very informative online TN diagnostic questionnaire (you have to submit the questionaire to get excellent explanations of the types of TN and suggested treatments of each).

Will post again if or as I find more doctors who perform PNS/SCS for face pain.

Last edited by Koala77; 10-24-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Weblink removed as per NT guidelines
ronKJ6KAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-27-2010), calewark (10-29-2010)