View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default other ways to advocate

"TOGETHER WE ARE BETTER. TOGETHER WE CANNOT BE STOPPED."[/QUOTE]

Pam rightly says that together we're better. And we do need to unite to make changes. But one size doesn't fit all of us. Other folks have suggested joining support groups. That didn't work for me even though I love working in groups. So if any of the ideas given don't appeal try another or gather a group around you if that's your preferred style.

Another thing that l personally enjoyed was to join a local fund-raising event like a walk. Last spring I did my local one and also the Unity Walk in New York City. There's nothing like it -- a sea of people all raising funds and awareness to fight PD -- we are better together and you'll feel tired but high at the end of the day.

Ann, you've found this forum and I did too. It's been a great place for me to learn about PD from our experts, PwP. And to connect with others perhaps more like-minded than those in your geographic area. Also forum members post opportunities to participate in various campaigns and other actions here. Maybe you'll be as lucky as I was. I volunteered to work on the book project. By taking that leap, I've gained a new group of wonderful friends, I never lack for something to do and have had new, challenging experiences when I thought my world was narrowing --- now it 's expanding with global awareness and activity.

Katherine
violet green is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jeanb (10-25-2010)