Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think I have been experiencing this. I know my daughter seems to think I should not be overwhelmed, as I do not work or even get out much. Just the thought of making the trip to Portland to see my grandson can feel overwhelming, even though it is something I greatly enjoy. I rather hate the feeling that I am becoming inflexible (like sleeping in my own bed, need my familiar surroundings to feel comfortable, etc.) because just ten years ago I loved adventure and welcomed challenge and difficult tasks. It was just 13 years ago that I was camping in the snow in the Olympics for a week-end, hiking the ridges and helping a friend trim trees for the forest service. And 15 years ago I was climbing mountains. And now going shopping is something I often have to psyche myself up for!

But sometimes, like you say, there is no trigger for the feeling of being overwhelmed. It just comes on like a chill, or tiredness.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-25-2010), debw (10-25-2010), Friend2U (10-27-2010), hollym (10-25-2010), Kitty (10-25-2010), MSCherokee (10-26-2010), SallyC (10-25-2010)