View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Should I drive or fly?

I want...no i NEED a vacation. its been a few years since I was able to head south and visit my family. yes, they are all a PITA, but I still get so much out of my visits south. I am thinking about spending Christmas there. I have plans to rent a small cottage near where most of them live, and that will give me privacy and a space to do what I need to do, without having to sleep on a couch, or someones twin bed or a blow up mattress.

My dilema is...do I drive or fly? I LOVE driving! I have made this trip so many times I cant count them. I love seeing the country side and visiting many small towns, and soaking up the USA road trip feel along the road, BUT since the whole copaxone thing took such a large bite out of me, I wasnt even making local trips to the grocery store. During the last few months I have been driving again, and doing great, but I worry that a drive of that length would take such a bite out of me I would take my whole trip to recover.

If I fly, I am stuck with certain dates. You MUST arrive this day and MUST leave on that day.

If I drive I can arrive when I want, and leave when I want. its saves a truck load of money on rental car fees.

Driving and flying are about the same cost. Gas vs a plane ticket is about equal. pop in hotel room for one night and its still about the same. no real difference.

Whats your vote?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hollym (10-25-2010), Kitty (10-25-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (10-26-2010), SallyC (10-25-2010), tkrik (10-25-2010)