View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Benign symptoms

Can you have benign pain?

There are nuances in the word benign, like "Doctors who don't treat this are not sued" and opposed to *Doctors who don't treat this can be sued because the patient might die."

Doctors are on the look out for and are geared up for "acute" conditions, which are conditions that can go bad really quickly (and get you sued if you don't spot them) rather than "chronic" conditioins, which patients can keep coming back with for years, not recovering but not dying either.

While persistent fasciculations might be "benign" by doctors, from a petient's point of view: they sure get on your nerves!

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan View Post
Don't you just HATE that word benign?????? I do at least!

Everything seems to be benign to the doctors if they don't have an answer to the cause of things! For instance, why did I suddenly become magnesium deficient or anything-else-deficient the very day that ALL my other constellation of symptoms started, on 3rd August 2007? Thirty thousand to forty thousand fasciculations per day when I was soooo unwell (with nary a fasciculation in sight before that exact day) seems a little more than suspicious to me!

I know this hasn't helped you with your question Joeybags 73 but I just had to vent!

.......and I do so hope that you get some more rational and sensible answers than this one - lol!
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote