View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! Last year i started titrating down on the 25/100 3xdaily carbidopa levodopa I was taking and slowly cutting out carbs. I quit processed foods all together and by end of the year was off meds, no carbs or processed foods. I started walking or jogging every other day at least 30 min & light weights a couple times a week with some stretching. My symptoms improved to a point where pain level was 2 (scale of 1-5 w/5 being hte worst). Still had bladder probs, sligth tremor on the right, cognition impairment and fatigue. But all in all, the dystonia wasn't as horrible & I awas sleeping better at night. Was able to keep it up for 4 months or so, then had to start some traveling, which usually impedes on good habits, eh?!
Nowadays am still exercising, diet consists of very little carbs-whole grains when I do; olive oil, corn oil & butter for fats (very little). I try and stick mainly to veges, lean proteins, yogurt, some fruit. Can't seem to lay off the coffee but do avoid other caffeine. My syptoms are back to "normal", that is to say bad dystonia in hand, feet, calves, forearms, abdomen & lower back (which leads to worse pain) fatigue, cloudy thinking & memory, swallowing probs....
EmptyNest68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (10-25-2010)