View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Well, as one TRUE CIDP'er...

I was half asleep thru most of NCIS, awake enuf to switch channels...then promptly went into ZZZZZ land.. Woke up in time for some sit-com babble and to bed.

Yes CIDP isn't common. AND thanks to Mrs D and Rose and Billye especially I am more than aware about the B-12 levels. Bless you ALL for this super-good people! On top of that, my CIDP/PN may be paraneoplastic due to a BC, and the odds of that are, well, beyond fantastic! Is anyone out there an actuary or the like to do the calculations?

Yes, the 'odds' seemingly of getting 'IT' are slim...depending on which definitions you read. What scares me more are the ODDS one faces in actually GETTING DIAGNOSED, diagnosed properly, and GETTING TREATED promptly! I truly believe there are super many folks out there who have NOT been properly tested and thus, diagnosed then treated. GP's sometimes write us off, let it all go, and those w/agressive, PROGRESSING PN ultimately suffer until it's too late. Scarier still, is that we in this country have what's supposed to be one of the better[?] medical systems in the world...

Then why does no medical professional want to be our individual shepherd?

As for House and the sandwich...IT HAD to be a bologna sandwich?...what else would have inspired the 'tapeworm' thing? Egads! Zap the worm, problem is GONE! I still love that show, but, I bet I AM NOTthe only one here who spurts out loud...Do A, B or C! off of LizaJane's lists...tell me you've never? I guess, I'm a trifle frustrated that we all don't have a "House-Like" doc in our corner. If we had, well, we wouldn't be here.

Hugs to all! Just had to get this OUT of my system? - j

Me? I DREAM of PAINTBALL! Which color am I going to ZAP that bad doc with???? Barney Purple? Barbie Pink? Danger Orange? Organic or PUKE Green? The choices are endless...the fun is in the choosing, not the doing. It IS fun to think it tho..... I believe I dreamed this after a Las Vegas show on 'team building'......
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote