View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I love the show too.

I was disappointed at the clue being "guilt." I never experienced it and have not met anyone in the hundreds I have communicated with that mentioned "guilt."

Note also though, that House said to just give her a B12 shot and see if she gets better. Since her symptoms had come on so quickly (due to the nitrous oxide they gave her), that shot probably would cause a quick turn around. One who has symptoms creep up slowly, as they usually do, would not be likely to have such an immediate turnaround. Too bad they didn't take the opportunity to mention methylcobalamin, which would have made that quick an improvement more likely.

They caused those symptoms to worsen very quickly with the nitrous. The mother was aware only of the disorder causing lack of pain. The new problems developed as a result of the nitrous.

The girl was susceptible to severe B12 depletion (through use of the nitrous) because she was already somewhat deficient due to the tapeworm.

By the way, the girls problems were first seen as PN, but the severe deficiency affecting her central nervous system damage was at the root of it. The PN symptoms are a fringe benefit .

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote