View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Confused Olhipie...UTI...gonna drive me crazy!!

Sorry so long but needed to be...In July my honey had a major exasperation and the doc set him up on Solu-Medrol for three days...everything went great and he was back to his usual self in no time...

The doc chose to keep him on the three dose of SM every month...however I think its to much....but what do I know...I'm just his Caregiver!

Well, since then he has gone in every month for his three doses. For a very long time he was on the one dose a month and we chose to go off of it because he only got sick and then well right before the next dose....Grrrr!
Anywaze...last month about three days after his doses he started to get very sick to his stomach...very loose...with no control of bowels...fever high...low blood pressure...high pulse....At first I thought it was the flu...nope a UTI almost Septic!

Four years ago he nearly died because of a UTI that went Septic.

They did treat the infection by mouth and injection and was well very quickly...
Well, last week he had his dose of Solu-Medrol for the month and today he started all over again with the same symptoms as last month! Called all of his doc's and took urine in to the Urologist and he gave me a few days of Cipro 500mg.

Crazy...he can't even remember what happened last month...however I do have a caregiver journal I keep track of everything...so I read it to him this morning. He keeps wanting to get up but when he sits up he feels sick to his stomach again and I get him back in bed again. Its not like him not to get dressed everyday so this drives him nuts!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (10-25-2010), SallyC (10-25-2010)