View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulliemom View Post
Angel,
I just read your other posts. I see you've been through the drug ramp up before. Oh vey, I know exactly what you are talking about with the Tegretol / Neurontin combo. My doctor had me on that for several months until I came within a hair of losing my job. I got off those drugs and am now on Lyrica, which was fine until the weather started getting cooler. Now the only way I can get the pain to a manageable level is to take a vicodin, which makes me kind of loopy and forgetful -- I'm on a written notice at work now and today I screwed up bigtime and it made my boss look bad and she is furious so I am toast. I came home and ate a half a pan of brownies even though I wasn't the least bit hungry, LOL. Now I feel sick and the vicodin has worn off so I'm in pain again and worried that I will be fired tomorrow. This is a 30 year very well-paying career that I am being forced out of thanks to TN. Either I'm in too much pain to be functional or I'm too drugged to be functional. If you find a solution to this -- please share! Wish you lived close to me -- we could sit down and cry and eat the WHOLE pan of brownies together!
Mary
I guess I've been lucky up until now. I'm just returning to work, after 8 months. I've missed 2 shifts in the last 2 weeks because of flare ups & not being able to take my meds & function. My boss is a nurse & she doesn't understand or care what my dillema is.
I feel badly for you. Do you have any disability coverage thru your employer?? I'm always up for brownies myself. Thanks to the meds!!
jiggered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-27-2010)