View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default this is what..

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
I've been yabberin' about for over a decade on this site. Soccertese, you have travelled this road as long as i have an we've seen the false starts, the "too good to be true's", and suffered to the point of little hope, but hope this is, so, i'm not sceptical. If these people have said that they have done it, then for once in my life i BELIEVE in a final solution to fore and mid-brain neurodgenerative diseases through "some kind" of an "implant of the correct cells to the correct areas". IMHO, it's the "only" way.
So lets raise a cheer that maybe , just maybe, we are finally on the right path, for some abatement of the worst PD symptoms. Sure our lives are made difficult by PD, but we young onsets from what i've read around here, still have shown to have intact higher cortical functioning, even if our bodies are going through hell, and each day presents itself with a whole new set of struggling with life.
Some of us from the "early days" must be getting "pretty bad" by now. All i want is to remain independant, but i see everything just gets worse, so i'm in no mood to be sceptical. I have managed to stay out of a wheelchair at the expense of falling a lot, so ANYTHING that helps would be gladly accepted at this stage (no DBS need apply, thank you).
It's coming, cure within one more notch on my PDBS meter. I don't know about you, but i plan on walking away from this terror one fine day. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vspot (10-26-2010)