View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiisd View Post

Soma works GREAT for me, in fact, I had a three level, 360 degree cervical fusion and my neurosurgeon said Soma was the only drug that he had ever found that truly gave relief from muscle spasms........and I found that to be so true. Now to the problem. I am also on a slow release Morphine and an Immediate Relief Morphine for breakthrough pain. These medications together provide me with adequate "pain" control ..... HOWEVER..... since I have recovered from my surgery & am no longer seeing the neurosurgeon, I can not find a physician that will write a prescription for Soma. I am so confused as to why the physicians will write for MORPHINE ---- but Soma is too "habit forming"! What do they think Morphine is??? IF you can find a physician that will write it for you, Soma 350, One Four Times Daily works like a charm for me. I can not praise it enough. It is also priced fairly reasonable if that is an issue. I also have taken Flexeril & Baclofen ...... Soma is SO MUCH BETTER. BUT, it will take you a few weeks to level out on Soma. At first you will be sleepy & groggy until you get used to it, but if you will bear with it, and if it works for you like it does for me - you will not have to live with the heating pad OR the muscle spasms. I wish you the best.....but I fear you will have the same problem I have in finding a physician to continue writing the Soma. GOOD LUCK!
How frustrating for you when you know what works and are unable to have it prescribed. Unfortunately Texas is one of a handfull of states that won't allow internet sales of Soma (there are many online US pharmacies that provide this service with an online consult for certain classes of drugs, muscle relaxers included). This may be why the doc's in Texas are tough on Soma. Good luck and keep searching because sooner or later you will find a compassionate doctor.
PopPop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote