View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Ribose

I am going to put information here on d-ribose.

I've been using this since I made the thread here:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ghlight=ribose

I am not really sure what if anything it does for PN yet, but it does seem to lower pain levels for me, give more stamina and
clears my mind of the occasional brain fog I tend to get, and also
really helps me with improving sleep.

I use it at night.

It does run about $30.00 for a 45 days supply if you stay under 10 grams a day. At 10 grams a day one 8 oz tub lasts about 24 days. I found it at Puritan's for a good savings, when they have their sales.

I'd suggest starting slowly, at 2.5 grams (1/2 scoop) daily until you see how you react to it. At that dose I was taking NAPS for about a week or so. Then that effect becomes less, and you sort of normalize your metabolism of it and more must get sucked up into the cells for energy production. When adenosine is outside the cells, it is the signaling molecule for initiating sleep.

The powder is very moisture loving...and will attract any moisture in your house. So I keep my open tub tightly closed and in a Ziploc freezer baggie in between doses. I kept it sealed at our summer place which is always 80+% humidity at the lakeshore.

All in all if you have severe fatigue, have a possible fibro diagnosis or muscle weakness...this supplement is worth a try.
It is very slow in onset so you really have to give it a month or two at least. It is the slowest supplement I have tried in fact.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote