View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I feel your pain in every word you have typed.

I was diagnosed, almost immediately, with TN over 5 years ago (3rd branch). I put up with the pain and meds for almost 3 years and I got to the point where I could barely function.

I also thought about whether I could put up with this for the rest of my life - it was debatable. If I had a cup or glass in my hand and I got a jab, I would drop whatever was in my hand and fall to the floor in pain. My family felt my pain, but they really had no idea.

Finally, when I found out I was going to be a grandmother (to the most beautiful blue-eyed, red-head 2 1/2 year old girl), I knew I wouldn't be able to give her "raspberries" on her belly unless I was rid of this incredible pain.

My neurologist sent me to a neurosurgeon and it was decided that we would do the Balloon Compression. That was almost 2 1/2 years ago. I was very fortunate to get in for the operation right away. After day surgery, I woke up pain free. I had to ween myself off the carbamazapene over the next month or so, I had a bit of numbness around the top of my lip, but all that has gone away. I've been pain free ever since.

Recently, I have been getting the odd little 'jolt' in the 2nd branch. Nothing that I can't tolerate right now, without the meds, but for me... the Balloon Compression saved my life. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but there is hope out there!

I'm sending my very good wishes and thoughts your way. Please hang in there. I hope you can get more answers next week.

Warm regards,
Judy
JudyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote