View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default help with ketamine infusion info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawn600 View Post
I have been fortunate enough to have my ketamine infusion moved up to November 1st at the Hospital for Special Surgery with Dr. Daniel Richman. I know I have spent countless hours searching online and asking for information on the treatment, protocol, expectations, etc/

What I would like to know is what I can give back to this community who has been very supportive of me. Is there anything in particular anyone would like to know, have photos of )if allowed) etc.

I wish more then anything that I could do more to further understanding of RSD but to be honest, I'm struggling right now as a single mom with 3 children and an amazing fiancee just to get through all this and pray there's light at the end of it all.

If there is anything I can do for anyone, questions I can answer, etc, please feel free to PM me/

And yes, I am scared to death of how the treatment will go and what to expect. I already have my boosters set up in Philly with Dr. Schwartzman in Decemeber and feel extremely fortunate so please, let me help you if in any way I can.

Dawn

Hi, I am very newly diagnosed with RSD and am researching the ketamine infusions. I got a copy of the ketamine docs list and in particular was interested in the NYC area possibilities [I am out of state so am exploring what sound like the best options, I guess wherever I can get in?]. I have read old posts that HSS was not taking new patients, but is that not the case if you [Dawn] are scheduled for an upcoming infusion?

I'm looking for some basic guidance for how to go about this -- such as, I have heard good things about HHS and St. Luke's, a few nightmare stories about Philly, and that's about it; which others should I look into?

I have a consult scheduled with Dr. Kirkpatrick in Tampa to discuss the three-day outpatient infusion, though it sounds like those done in NYC and in Philly are 5-day in-patient, so I'm not sure what to pursue? Anyone had success with that particular treatment or know of anyone who has gone to the RSD Institute?

Do I just need to start calling and see if I can set up an initial consult? I also read on other posts how people had submitted applications to get on a list? I'm not sure of the protocol for making this happen.

Anyway I'm rather ignorant of how to proceed so any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks much!
T.
Truffle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote