View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "How did we get here?"- A perspective on the 2010 WPC Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Greg,

Personally I can state unequivocally that the people here have made more of a difference to my life than all the medication and medical personel I have encountered, and I have to give thanks for the tenaciousness of people who have consistently supported this community for such a long time.[/U][/U][/B][/U]The overwhelming sense that came out from the Congress was that this is the time to go global with advocacy, and reach out to PwP everywhere. The journey that has been made from being a social community to this is very special, and I would ask that wherever people are in the world who read this wonderful post by Greg, please help make this a turning point for PwP.

Thank you all you long term advocates!! We need all of you still.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

I have to agree about - its the PWP that make the difference – more than anything else. Well said Greg and Lyndylanka & others.

Unfortunately, while this wonderful congress was going on, just a short ways away,
The need for advocacy, more knowledge of PD could have eased the suffering and tremendous pain, after having fallen over the threshold of my hotel in Glasgow, and dislocating my shoulder.

I didn't get to see much of any of the congress, so I especially appreciate these comments. With the exception of a lot of miscommunication, and lack of communication, at the hospital, etc, I met some wonderful people.
I finally made it back home to Oregon; USA.

At tremendous expense, my sister flew over to help me get home. I have filed a claim with Expedia but don't hold out much hope to recover much of the cost.

I am fighting my own body's dyskinetic uncontrollable spasmodic movement & involuntary muscle contraction that keeps trying to undo the slow healing after it dislocated twice more in Scotland. My balance, which was pretty good b4 this thrown off by the instinct to protect my shoulder at all costs – It caused me to pull ligaments in my right knee. so my mobility is - well - zero pretty much.

But I didn't decide to write this for a pity party, but to underline the need for a cure, for advocacy, to example the down side of social medicine and say I am ever so grateful to live in the USA. And publicly thank those who helped me when I needed them.

Last edited by jinglelady4; 10-26-2010 at 09:34 PM. Reason: clarified, fixed spelling
jinglelady4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote