View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1952 View Post
Alan has a new PM Doc. He took him off vicodin and all other meds he was on. He then put him on Methadone, Lyrica, and if we can get wc to approve it, clonidine patches. So far - it is not an approved med. He then wants to put in a SCS.
I do realize that some things work better with some people than others, but from what I read here, people are having much better success with outpatient ketamine treatments or even HBOT than SCS. Although I'm not sure WC would approve HBOT in Ohio.
The more I read on treatments and options, it seems, I become more confused! I really think this Group is the best I have read though! Alan won't make a decision on treatments until I research them for him and make suggestions. Then he decides in favor of what I suggest. I am just so afraid of making the wrong choice.

You deserve commendations! You are working for your husband, as I had two wives, who only took advantage of my weakness....

Anyway, I've had RSD since 83. I'm a Master Plumber and mostly businessperson. I was about the first person to break through the insurance industries' 'top tier' of payments for rsd. (I met the adjuster, who had to write my check), I also had Philly's best attorney, and doctors. Dr Schwartzman.

Anyway, I've been on methadone for about 20 years. Valium. an anti inflammatory. (Now I find Aleve to be as good as any, I was on Torodal for years, then they pulled that drug, as they find it not acceptable for more than a week), Bextra, etc. Aleve will kick that methadone a bit on those rainy days!
I take also, Cymbalta. Important.
I take also, a muscle relaxer, to help sleep.
I use a CPap machine. (Sleep issues come naturally with rsd) Watch for TOS! (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome), very likely in your husband's case.

Neck massager, heating pads, ice packs in the freezer,, (which are always covered in towels and for migraines only).

I've got a bastion of lines of defense. But, they all fail occasionally, and I just crash and burn!

If I have one 'decent' day, I crash for two.

This disease, is a monstrous demon, and be sure you have the Best Doctors, / lawyer. Ask the tough questions!

Doctors; How many RSD patients have you treated?

Lawyer: How many RSD patients have you represented, and the outcome? Can I have their names / number?

DO THIS!

Your families future, depends on it!

PM Me if you like.....

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Al1952 (10-27-2010)