View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 10:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused new to tos, need help, no ins.

okay, so long story short i have tos from an rsi injury/bad posture. ive had it since jan i think. one day in march i went from feeling okay to bedridden for like 2 days. i was in so much pain. up until a mos. ago i thought it was my elbows so i lifted weights, iced my arms. attempted nerve glides etc. for about a week in august i felt normal and i was SHOCKED. then i lifted weights (the one where you have your arm straight behind your head and bend and also those resistance band exercises)

needless to say it totally undid whatever progress i made. so i went to chiro, he told me my neck was "too straight" and said i have tos and i needed to do shoulder exercises (not arm) so i did those and i ahve to say i felt worse. it wasn't obvious while i was doing them but i can tell i have big knots in my shoulders/neck from it. one time he gave me ultrasound massage on my shoulders and that actually really helped until i lifted weights then i was in pain. i cannot do any nerve glides at all anymore. i can't straighten my arm out at my side, it pulls @ my elbow.

i was in a lot of pain so i thought i'd ditch chiro and go in for trigger point massage and class iv laser therapy. ive only had 2 txs. my fingers are still totally numb as we speak.

also i believe i have EDS (mildly but it doesn't help things) and i believe my shoulder blades wing out a little.

what would you guys suggest i do next to help manage the pain? i'm about to get a 20/hr a week job on comp and i am scared
mspennyloafer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote