View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Which type of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) do you think you have per your symptoms?

The link below has the different types.

[Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.]
http://www.ednf.org/index.php?option...temid=88888969

For the most part weights & exercise bands are not good for those with TOS , especially if you are above a 2 on the pain level scale.

If you do get your pain & sx reduced so that you feel really ready to start increasing activities - start up very slowly and in small steps to build back up.
And with awareness to any increase in pain or sx.

If sx or pain increases - back off until those go away, do passive posture work like laying on the floor in a corpse yoga style pose, focus on relaxation and deep diaphragm breathing, let the tension fade away.

only resume activities when sx & pain are reduced

If you over do any hand, arm, shoulder exercises with TOS you most likely will get trigger points and or spasms.

my chiro does ultrasound on my neck/shoulders/traps nearly every time, sometimes if needed he adds the IF stim at the same time.
If I have a specific joint problem or sore spot he will treat it with the LLLT {laser therapy}.
So nice to have a DC that does all those modalities in once visit - saves time and travel.

Sooo, I'd suggest seeking out an advanced PT or a expert DC that does all of the modalities mentioned - and doesn't suggest you start doing weights or bands until the time is right for you.

you might also ask them to check your top ribs, see the other thread for more about that.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread136153.html