View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyM View Post
I feel your pain in every word you have typed.

I was diagnosed, almost immediately, with TN over 5 years ago (3rd branch). I put up with the pain and meds for almost 3 years and I got to the point where I could barely function.

I also thought about whether I could put up with this for the rest of my life - it was debatable. If I had a cup or glass in my hand and I got a jab, I would drop whatever was in my hand and fall to the floor in pain. My family felt my pain, but they really had no idea.

Finally, when I found out I was going to be a grandmother (to the most beautiful blue-eyed, red-head 2 1/2 year old girl), I knew I wouldn't be able to give her "raspberries" on her belly unless I was rid of this incredible pain.

My neurologist sent me to a neurosurgeon and it was decided that we would do the Balloon Compression. That was almost 2 1/2 years ago. I was very fortunate to get in for the operation right away. After day surgery, I woke up pain free. I had to ween myself off the carbamazapene over the next month or so, I had a bit of numbness around the top of my lip, but all that has gone away. I've been pain free ever since.

Recently, I have been getting the odd little 'jolt' in the 2nd branch. Nothing that I can't tolerate right now, without the meds, but for me... the Balloon Compression saved my life. I know it doesn't work for everyone, but there is hope out there!

I'm sending my very good wishes and thoughts your way. Please hang in there. I hope you can get more answers next week.

Warm regards,
Judy
Thanks for the encouraging words Judy. I'll hang in and hpe they come up with a solution to my pain.I know there are different things that can be done so hopefully they will find the right one for me.I don't want to spend the rest of my life on these drugs that make me loopy..There are terrible and I find it hard to function but I'm hanging in and being the trooper everyone in my family knows I am...
BorderlineAngel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote