Thread: Confused
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Methadone has helped a lot of RSDers. For me it was a miracle drug when my RSD first spread to my head. NOTHING else worked to get rid of the hideous nerve pain like it! I was truly a mess!!

Clonodine comes in pill form as well as the patch. I had trouble with the patches giving me a rash, and switched to the pill. The pills are also cheaper and might get approved more quickly by your insurance company.

Your concern regarding the SCS is warranted. Many times it causes MORE spread and infection. But for some it is awesome. Everyone is different. Check out the SCS and Pain Pump forum here on NeuroTalk - the link is available on the top of the page (4-5 lines down).

Try to find the very best lawyer you can to represent you for Worker's Comp purposes. I hurt myself carrying a really heavy workbag in Nov 2006 (I'm a CPA) and it would have been impossible for me to navigate my way around the healthcare system without a reputable lawyer to help me. My RSD also started in my shoulder.

Have you checked out the RSDSA.org website? There is a ton of really good info available, especially the research articles.

I truly wish you and your husband the best. I am sorry that he is suffering so badly - hopefully the change in meds will help him. Is PT an option?

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1952 View Post
Alan has a new PM Doc. He took him off vicodin and all other meds he was on. He then put him on Methadone, Lyrica, and if we can get wc to approve it, clonidine patches. So far - it is not an approved med. He then wants to put in a SCS.
I do realize that some things work better with some people than others, but from what I read here, people are having much better success with outpatient ketamine treatments or even HBOT than SCS. Although I'm not sure WC would approve HBOT in Ohio.
The more I read on treatments and options, it seems, I become more confused! I really think this Group is the best I have read though! Alan won't make a decision on treatments until I research them for him and make suggestions. Then he decides in favor of what I suggest. I am just so afraid of making the wrong choice.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-27-2010), loretta (11-01-2010)