View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I love this story, but I don't understand - how do they know that this isn't a prolonged remission? (Parkinson's makes me a negative thinker, I believe)
I think because not only did her symptoms go into remission, but she actually improved. I don't think remission is the same as improvement, although I can see that argument. If it is remission, that's a heck of a lonnnnng remission!

I think any PWP would take being able to ride a bike 5 miles a day and working a full schedule at a job you like over what they deal with every day right now. I guess it's semantics, just like whether we call the collection of symptoms PD or a movement disorder or parkinsonism, the result is the same. Here, this woman was in a wheelchair facing a grim future and now she is highly mobile and living a life she never thought possible. However we characterize that, whatever we call it, remission, improvement, cure, lifestyle change, therapy, I think most would prefer that over the wheelchair, given an option.

Now, as I posted before, nine cups of fruits and veggies is a LOT! But we are going to try to incorporate more into our diet, it's tough with kids, and see if we notice any difference. The main reason I posted this link is because it was the only article I read where she mentions that she also does the e-stim. Since we have talked about that before here, as well as the vibration therapy that seems to help PD, I thought it worth a mention. If it helps one person, it's worth it!
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (10-28-2010), imark3000 (10-28-2010), just_me_77 (10-27-2010)