View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Great news for RSD and W/C!

Hi Friends.

I have not been on here for a while. Busy, busy with pain. Also busy with W/C hearings, attorney's, etc...

Just had my w/c hearing three weeks ago. Our IME said 50% leg and 10% lower back. W/C IME said 3-5% leg and 0% low back. (After two years! with NO work.)

Spent almost five hours in the hearing. Grilled by w/c atty. and was ultimately (sp?) told that "It's been two years now, time to just go back to work!". " We recommend 3-4 appointments a year for meds {anyone on narcotics in America knows that this is impossible} and she can work 20 hours a week for $200.00, even though the only job that would take her is 90+ mins. away. Each way". Not to mention that I would fail the drug test, vomit randomly (sp?) and perhaps not be able to show up due to pain/sickness/epidurals (which render me parayzed for 1-3 days). It is also illegal to drive while "while under the influence; and I live in MD, so Medicinal Marijuana is not legal, also breaking the law(s).

Well, I got the ruling today which granted me TOTAL, PERMANENT DISABILITY.
I will still get bi-weekly benefits, all medical (for RSD), all scripts, mileage and a lump-sum for disabilities.

WAHOO!

I am happy for my decision, BUT, I am happier because that RSD is now being considered a REAL disease and is NOW being treated at a true cause. I thank you for all of your support and information. Without you, and our cause, I don't feel that I could have had my case heard without skepticism (sp?) and without judgement.

RSD has a real name now, im my honest opinion.

Thank you my friends. I have dedicated myself to further the acknowledgement of how "true" and "real" RSD/CRPS is.

Love to all!

Kim

p.s. And, thanks to you all. I could not have done it without you!

Prayers to all; especially to Bobber and Cake. (Thanks, fmichael!) and mg!

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
edever34 (10-27-2010), fmichael (10-30-2010), Jomar (10-27-2010), loretta (10-28-2010), stressedout (10-29-2010), wswells (10-30-2010)