Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1952 View Post
Thanks for all the info and replys.
Alan is not a candidate for PT at this time. He has no ROM with his left arm and it hurts too bad when he moves it. The only way he can get any relief is to hold it very still and have it propped on a pillow.
We already have a lawyer - but we hired her before the RSD showed up. She says she has exp. with RSD, but I really don't think she has. I am the one always telling her what she should do and what to ask for, etc. We can't get rid of her because we would have to pay her. I told her today that we are really not convinced that we want hs SCS, and asked her to look into the Ketamine.
Thanks for the info on the clonidine. It doesnt look like WC is going to approve the patches. So at this time, itis Methadone and Lyrica. Some help, but not any better than vicodin, (maybe bot as good), at this time.
//////////////////////////////////////////

You needn't worry about 'firing' an attorney, they're sure to get their 'peice', in the end, but YOU should negotiate that! (boy, do I have stories of that)!

(As I said, I'm (was) a master plumber, of all the tradesmen I know, and Lawyers are certainly a 'trade', as well as doctors, it is LAWYERS who don't require liability (malpractice) insurance!!!! Who wrote these laws? And DO NOT EVER HIRE AN ATTORNEY WHO DOESN''T CARRY INSURANCE!!!!
You have the right to ask for a 'Certificate of Insurance' from him/her!! Do It!
Or, you'll lose EVERYTHING, as I'm about to, three generations of my family's legacy, that was to be passed to my children! Now, they don't speak to me, even though, I raised them alone, w/ rsd!
Did I mention, that I have little respect for about 95% of lawyers?

Just don't make a move, until you've got the right one, and yes, you can ask your attorney the 'tough' questions, and record it, so long as they know. (If they won't permit it, lose them fast!).
Ask exactly what kind of experience she has with RSD? (Did she perchance once hear of it?) A lawyer is taught to lie that way!

As for the meds, it's sort of obvious, but when we're ill, we tend to go with "my doctor said' to take this, but we must also think. Is this crap helping me, or not?
I don't really see Lyrica helping on top of methadone. But, I'm not your husband.
If he feels some relief, good.
He might try lidocaine patch on his bad arm.
Or a mixed emulsion cream, that is made for him.

Please, Keep in touch?

You can PM me if you feel up to it....
since 83, and LOTS of crappy lawyers, I've got some experience.

(BTW, we have a wonderful gentlemen here, who is an attorney with RSD. A very fine man).

Pete
asb
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Al1952 (10-28-2010)