View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

i have serious concussion problems as well. I am 23 years old and have had two blows to the head, both times i was pushed over backward onto the back of my head, both times hitting my head on a concrete floor and both times were associated with alcohol. last christmas was the last incident. I play competative hockey here in my city and took from xmas 2009 until october 2010 from hockey and up until last week felt i was back to normal

i played hockey last sunday and where its a full contact league i was involved in several body checks for which now I am reconcussed. I am dizzy, unfocused, headaches neck pain and really depressed. I havent seen my doctor about this but i do know that she will tell me i cant play hockey anymore and im in denial about that. I have played another game since and feel even worse today and have realised its over I cant play anymore.

both times that i hit my head was from a friend being a moron and pushing me while out partying oddly enough. Both times i went 4 or 5 months with symptoms of dizziness, headaches, i couldnt eat i would gag when i tried, memory loss, angriness, very unfocused and agitated and extreme sensitivity to sounds.

i love hockey im so bitter as to why i cannot play it anymore it isnt fair. when i drink or am hungover i feel the same gag reflex feeling i do as when i have concussion symptoms.

I feel your pain i cant physically do the thing i enjoy most in the world and im only 23 years old. I am engaged and have a life ahead of me that could potentially and probably already has been hindered by concussions.

Im going to try and take time off until xmas and hopefully try to rejoin my hockey team again if feeling normal

is it safe to say regardless of how long i take to recover if its 2 years or 6 months im going to reconcuss myself from a body check ? is it unavoidable?

depressed... id say so, say what you want that hockey isnt significant but it is to me, i live for sports. concussions are the worst. i havent been able to communicate all week at work, im so off..
acraig87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote