View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default adverse reactions in neurofeedback

FINALLY I found others who have suffered damage from LENS therapy. The "Emperor's Clothes" of EEG neurofeedback in my opinion. My condolences to everyone else who has suffered permanent harm from LENS therapy. As my son also did.

I took my son to an EEG neurofeedback professional to have traditional EEG therapy. She talked me into doing LENS instead. Much more expensive per session. And my son went unconscious as she was doing it. Had a seizure and sustained permanent brain injury. He now is color blind and has very poor memory for faces, among many other injuries. Both the result of brain injury from the LENS. He was 10 years old.

I would advise people NOT to do LENS. I now realize it is more "voodoo" than legit. And you never really know how "skilled" the people doing it really are, other than what they "tell" you.

Lopi was wise to quit after only two bad sessions. We quit after the first. When I called her afterwards, I didn't want to hear any of her "hooey" about how his reaction "showed" that he would respond well to further LENS therapy. My son had a seizure, which he had NEVER had before, and became unconscious under her administration of LENS. There was NO WAY I was letting her touch him again. Ever. It took years to discover all the damage that one session caused.

My son suffered for three years with the widespread cognitive DAMAGE from the single LENS session he had. He finally was able to regain 90% of his former ability through doing a full course of Integrated Listening therapy,****, which he took through Janelle Schicker, a certified and highly skilled Speech Language Pathologist. **** She recently finished an ebook about auditory therapy and how it can impact cognitive abilities.

The integrated listening therapy truly can do no harm, though it did make both of my children very tired afterwards. Both of them had tremendous gains from it and I only wished they could have had it years sooner and that my son had never had the LENS therapy at all.

In closing, I would encourage all of you to please speak out about the damage you or someone you love experienced from LENS therapy. Keep others from being harmed by it and the *unqualified* people who claim to be "experienced" practitioners of it. Perhaps someone will put up a website advising others to avoid it and sharing experiences of those harmed by it.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-28-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: removing link per NT guidelines for new posters
DhasaDreamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote