View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, Yes and yes again.

You have already reached your limit of concussions. Being drunk during a concussion made them even worse. You body check concussions were most likely better labeled sub-concussive impacts. You will likely be sensitive to sub-concussive impacts for the rest of your life.

You likely had many previous concussions or sub-concussive impacts during a life of hockey. You just had not reached the critical mass of damage to get to where you are now. Concussions are cumulative. Sub-concussive impacts are cumulative and combine with concussions.

Too make matters worse, I would bet that you started partying with alcohol during your early teens. This is know to cause the brain to be subjected to an injury similar to a concussion, except from a chemical toxicity cause. It can contribute to your sensitivity to any kind of insult to your brain.

You and your fiancee' need to sit down and have a very serious talk. You need to decide what is acceptable behavior and recreation for your future. Time to MAN UP. Read up on living with PCS with your fiancee'. There are plenty here who can recommend good books about living with PCS.

You have so much to look forward to. Being able to be a productive husband to your future wife and a good Dad to your children far outweighs any enjoyment from hockey.

btw, I am sorry to hear you have been so injured by the irresponsible behaviors of others. PCS is a tough condition to live with.

I've been living with Post Concussion Syndrome since 1965. I wish I knew then what I know now. I can get 'reconcussed' be shaking my head NO. I know many others who have the same kind of sensitivity to quick head movements.

You also need to get some serious diagnostic work done for your neck. The injuries to your neck can make the concussion symptoms much worse.

Stay away from the booze and those who get drunk. Their poor judgment has already caused enough damage.

My best to you as you struggle with the future.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote