Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 07:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That mother was WRONG to let her child run rampant all over the place, make noise, and be utterly disruptive. If MY child had done that, I'd have left the meeting immediately. Small children do NOT belong at an AA meeting or at ANY meeting for that matter. If you can't get a babysitter, then stay home.

That was UNFAIR to the other people in the meeting. Even if they disagreed with you, it was STILL unfair. The speaker deserved to have quiet while he was speaking and not have to try to speak over some wild child!

I'm with YOU on this one. If the mother had needed a meeting that bad, she should have arranged for a babysitter earlier.

In MY book, you did nothing wrong ~ I wouldn't go back there either! God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes