View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I agree with Abby...2 wks ago, I too was anxious & had the same mixed feelings...do I want it to prove it?or want it to be negative???....it is so difficult when all the testing is negative & you feel like "crap" to deal with the ups & downs of this disease....by the discussion going on, & the tech asking me how I'm doing on Mestinon, I surmised it is positive, (the amplitudes did look it to me, buit what do I know?, lol) but will get the "official" result next tues the 2nd.....& it was done by the Dr in concert with the technician, the latter I think, probably knows more than most Drs....sure would remove some confusion as Abby relates....we feel it, we know it deep down, but it would be nice to not be constantly questioned by the "establishment"....

Good luck today! & let us know, also how it goes with Mestinon....

Dottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Not crazy at all! Wanting a diagnosis is not the same as wanting an illness. The illness is there--the label doesn't change that. What a diagnosis does is remove some of the confusion, and a whole host of other worries.

There are a lot of us here who don't have a firm diagnosis, so we know exactly how you feel. I hope things go swimmingly for you today, and that you finally get some answers.

When I had my SFEMG, I was surprised to find that unlike all the other medical tests, I got results on the spot, because it's a doctor who does the test (and not a technician, like with an MRI, etc.). I hope it's the same for you.

Abby
korbi_doc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
craftyRCC (10-29-2010)