Thread: Frustrated.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's a great idea Dog Lover = going to school on line.

I am currently going to school online and it makes a major difference. You don't have to walk to classes or carry books, sit in long classes, etc. all of that is just draining for someone with MG. I am going to Cappella University. It's fully accredited and has been a great experience. I have learned so much. It's well worth the effort and it's allowed me to manage my schedule as needed. They also have disability services. So, you can sign up for that and it allows you extra time to turn in your assignments. It's really handy.

It's a hard transistion from who you thought you were going to be and who you are with MG, but somewhere along the line you realize: this is who I am. I need to work with myself and not against myself. At that point, you become productive in your new lifestyle.

Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog lover View Post
Tyson I agree wit hthe others that you are handling this extremely well for being so young. You are extremely mature for your age and have probably experienced more than 99% of other people your age. I just wanted to tell you that I too had the feeling of being outside myself when I was on Pred. I honestly felt like I was watching the world go by from inside a bubble. I am now off of the pred and have seen a huge improvement. I still have days where I am foggy headed but I think a certain degree of fogginess just goes with MG unfortunately. As for school could you take some courses online and that way you could work at your own pace? I know there are alot of us on here who battle with depression from this disease including myself. I have read alot of self help books and books that help people deal with a chronic disease. Maybe you could look into that. Know that you're in my prayers.
Kendra
mvoyvodich is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote