View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Adventures in M|S

This happened earlier today:

I guess it's kind of funny...NOW. Inspired by my Sister-in-Law's blog of being very carpe diem,I left my computer to go outside into the beautiful bright sun-shine, perfect temperature day. I rode my heavy power chair down what I affectionately call The Ramp of Death. It is so not ADA compliant.The sun was shining, the sky was blue and when I started sliding on the wet wooden surface I thought "oh $#!t" There is no rail, I slid off the end which is only about 6-7 inches high, my 6-wheel, center drive chair has 2 little back wheels on ramp, 2 little front wheels on grass and cement side walk, the larger center drive wheels in mid-air dangling off ramp, me in a 45 degree angle. Being from Jersey, I used my driving in snow skills to get me down onto sidewalk. Whew. I hadn't tipped over. I sat and enjoyed the sunshine and waited for the ramp to dry. I realized I wanted someone to know before I tried to go up again, DH was not available, so called lady at his office to say "If I don't call you again in 2 minutes call the ambulance. I called her at the top to say I made it. Now I need lunch and a nap.

We all have adventures - broken toes, spiders, laying on bathroom floors. Do you have one to tell?

The good news is 2 people I dialed on my cell phone directory in error. (sun was super bright - couldn't see screen )called me back in support.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (10-28-2010), Dejibo (10-29-2010), hollym (10-28-2010), Kitt (10-28-2010), Koala77 (10-28-2010), NeuroNixed Craig (10-28-2010), SallyC (10-28-2010)