View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused

Sorry, I failed to mention that I currently take 3600mg of Gabapentin and have for several years. I was also taking 60mg of Cymbalta but for cost reasons, now take 75mg of Venlafaxine. I felt that perhaps the Gabapentin was not doing its job, therefore I cut down on the dose and had even worse pain. So it was helping. When I increased the dose back to 3600mg I still have more pain, than I did before I decreased the dose. I decreased the dose trying to get off as many meds as I could because I am in Stage 3 Renal Failure and Nephyologist is concerned that I take too many meds.

I go back to the Neurologist who diagnosed me with neuropathy in both feet (also have it in my hands and arms) in two weeks. I will be asking for something in addition to the Gabapentin such as Lyrica. Something has to work!!! I know I am not alone in this.

Last night the pain was so intense, that I had a panic attack. Couldn't be still and couldn't catch my breath! I have had panic attacks before, but they haven't been associated with neuropathy.

You comment that ...if I am having actual nerve pain... does it sound like it could be something else to you? Or are you questioning my pain? Sorry I didn't understand your comment.

Thanks,
dimples1945
dimples1945 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote