View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Us too

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_me_77 View Post
HUMAN MILK............those two words hit me like a ton of bricks! Here is the reason why: how many PWP like me were not "Breast-fed" at all as a baby? My mother told me that a nurse came into her hospital room shortly after I was born and asked if she would be returning back to work and she said yes. The nurse promptly left the room and returned with a shot to dry up the milk without me ever having the God-given benefit of all the FATS and other nutrients!!! Is this a "EUREKA" moment? Don't know but it would behove us to start asking how many PWP were or were not breast-fed, would it not?
We are in that group. I have often wondered about this myself....for this reason: my mother in law nursed her first son, my husband's older brother, but not his sister or him, the middle and youngest, respectively. The sister got breast cancer recently, and my husband got young onset PD. The older brother who was breastfed? He's fine.

I wonder also if the horrible formulas that are used for babies come into play. It would be one thing if your baby didn't get mother's milk, but got something very close to it. But if you read those baby formula labels, they are horrible, and filled with sugars. I can't help but think that starting innocent lives out with such awful nutrition at a time when their body NEEDS all the things in breastmilk doesn't cause untold developmental damage.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just_me_77 (10-29-2010)