View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

kkelly,'
I had y implant done On April 1st and with in a few days the leads had done as yours, it took some time to convince my DR to xray and when he did he found it and we did a revision and the same thing happened.
I'll say I did follow my instructions to a Tee as I really wanted this to work and was so excited about it. I have to say I was having some awful effects from this and would get shocks that would take me to my knees and then I wouldn't be able to get the darn thing to turn off, over all it was a terribly frightening experience and of course no one believed me.
Anyway the Dr and rep. offered to do one more revision and the Co. offered to supply with with these new anchors that weren't on the market yet that was suppose to be better and keep the leads from falling only the surgery was much more severe and my Dr couldn't do it I would have to go to a NS.
At that point all I want was the thing OUT OF ME!!
So I had it taken out the first week of June so it wasn't in very long over all, and the removal was not bad but now a couple of yrs later I am having a lot of problems from scar tissue that has built up in my T-spine after all it was 3 surgeries in a short time.
If I was you and plan on having it out I'd say the sooner the better before it scars in even more.
I know it's a very expensive implant too, and it is surgery no matter, so please make sure it's what you want before you do it.
Best of Luck.
Linda
LindaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote