Thread: ptosis tips?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
OK, so I have developed the missing symptom: pstosis! My left eye has been aching for a few days, and last night I looked in the mirror and noticed it's not open as wide as the right. My eyelid doesn't look half-closed, and I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't been looking for it, so I guess it's mild.

Cold feels good. Anything else I should know? One of the reasons I'm a "puzzle" and an "enigma" is that I didn't present with eye symptoms. My first symptom was trouble keeping my balance. I am a more typical myasthenic now--and I am really, really hoping my lastest antibodies test comes out positive so I can get a diagnosis already. It's been a year.

Abby
I am not sure whether I should congratulate you because this will help with a diagnosis, or if I should feel bad because I hated the ptosis, mine is mostly gone now. For me, a cool wet cloth helped more than anything besides adjusting the Mestinon dose.

When I had ptosis, I couldn't open my eyes all the way nor could I close them, watch out for dry eyes. I slept with a cool cloth on my eyes to help avoid dry eyes.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote