View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dahlek

Many thanks for the website - I visited already and it did answer some of my questions - most importantly it had pictures which really are worth a thousand words, at least for me, when trying to picture a condition or disease.

Reminds me of some time many years ago I spent in the Army at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research. Across the street was the AFIP, Armed Forces Institue of Pathology where they had preserved examples of virtually any diseased or abnormal organ/tissue known. I still smoked heavily at the time although the chance to see a disected healthy lung -bright pink, alongside the lung tissue from a long time smoker, literally brown-black and shriveled like a prune, gave me a long pause to reflect on the habit - sadly not enough pause to quit mind you - that took a heart attack at age 29 to get my mind right.

Regarding the therapy - I've been in PT multiple times w/ multiple sessions for the problems and have been doing numerous exercises (safe ones) to stretch the plantar fascia, Achilles and tibial tendons too. Worn orthotics for 15+yrs and yet the degeneration continues seemingly unabated - frustrating as Hell to put it in the vernacular.

My therapist suggested ESWT (extracorporeal shock wave therapy - a sort of lithotripsy for the soft tissue of the foot) to break up the adhesions on the plantar fascia and stimulate new tissue growth. I checked into it - it's really quite expensive and of course, an experimental treatment as defined by my insurance - naturally!!
Thank you again for the website - it did help a lot. I hope you have more and more pain free times ahead.
Alkymst
Alkymst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote