Thread: Muscle Spasms
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 02:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I get them on the shoulder blade on the right side. What I think is happening is that the muscles above it, that hold up my head, are weak, and that puts a strain on these muscles and sends them into spasm. It happens to me when my neck is especially weak.
That's an interesting theory. I would not say my neck is weak. I do know that my right shoulder dips down, which causes with my left shoulder to rise, so my shoulders act like a see-saw. When one goes down, the other goes up, and the raised shoulder is the one with the spasms.

It's either that or my left shoulder has a tendency to be tense and noticeably raised.

I just wished the spasms were not so intense and stiff. If I did not take relaxers, it would take a week for them to ease up, so once they occur I really feel I have no choice but to take the relaxers.

Quote:
Do the muscle relaxants help? Sometimes they need to be taken on a regular basis to work.
Yes, they work. One time, I took the muscle relaxant with the Mestinon, and my back felt like chopped meat, very tender to the touch. I do know that when I had regular chiropractic care, I never had spasms or needed to take muscle relaxers.

During my regular visits the comments I would usually get from chiropractors were that my ribs are out of place. I guess if I walk around all day with a slumped shoulder, it is bound to happen.
Poetist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote