View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It never ceases to amaze me...

...just how many selfless people there are on this forum,and all going through daily grinds themselves.What is it all about? People putting their own pain and hurt on one side in order to help and support another person?
And I don`t believe that we need to have an illness ourselves in order to be there for others.It is basic empathy from one person to another.

And yet,those who suffer greatly are so ready to be crutches for others.

What do you reckon gives us all a dose of caring? Does it come from our upbringing,is it instilled in us,apparent when we are born? I know for sure that you can`t teach it to someone who doesn`t want to "feel" the pain someone else is going through.Neither does it seem to work by "example."

It is as if they are missing that one piece of the jigsaw puzzle that completes a person..and I MEAN TOTALLY MISSING IT.

What a lovely thing for your church to try and do...to focus on the suffering of others by way of a course.Guess you may be able to teach it after all.

Anyhow...sorry Tena...didn`t mean to sway the main focus of the thread.Just got me thinking that`s all...

Just something very close to my heart right now.
xxx
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote