Thread: Veganism
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Shelley,

Sorry that you have to join here (I'm being dim and can't remeber if I welcomed you --> if I didn't, then welcome). Before I describe the organ symptoms I get with the RSD I'd just like to point out that over the last 5 years doctors (neurologists, pain consultants and rheumatologists) have also diagnosed MS, fibromylagia, central pain syndrome, secondary generalised dystonia, hypermobility, and MD....... as well as the RSD - I just don't know who to believe - so I find it simpler to just talk about the RSD and leave all the rest out....!!

"internal" issues that I have involve, problems with swallowing (frequently aspirate or can't swallow, struggle with thin liquids, reflux, frequent vomiting, stomach cramps, taste changes, loss of appetite (generally), constipation and diahorrea - also (not sure how much info you want! but my pooh goes all sorts of random colours and consistencies depending on whether my body is taking any nutrients from the food I'm eating (as told by my dr) - at the moment it is mustard yellow and ming - moving on now I've disturbed you!!). I have tachycardia (my heart beats really fast - though probaly pain induced), and issues with blood pressure (generally very low but sometimes goes high just for the fun of it..). kidneys/ weeing generally, urniary hesitancy (unable to go for ages) and periods of being (forgot the words - where you suddenly realise you have 1 minute to get to the bathroom before you wet yourself!!!!) . My periods stopped for over a year and now I get them very infrequently (again, caused by pain apparently).

I think that's it!!! (also all the normal symtpoms of PAIN, exhaustion, muscle joint, bone and tendon problems etc etc etc etc )...

hope this hasn't scared you - I do have other diagnoses which could be responsible for a lot of this....

However, I think that I'm going to give veganism a go to see if it helps with the GI issues!!!

Take care!!

Fxxxxxxxxxxxxx