View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Teeth LOL -- good one, Julie

I could do this once a week.
And I still blush over this one that's over 30 years old:

It's the first formal ball we are attending after husband and I married (May, 1971)....he's officer in USAF and has dated a much less conservative sort of female. I just arrived in CA and know no one so I ask him what I should wear to this ball. His only advice is, "It's a contest to see who can show the most skin."
OMG. I rarely show my elbows. I spend weeks looking for something....anything that will work - but find nothing.
So I arrange to have a ball gown made. Picture this - dark blue satin 1/4" thick, gorgeous stuff, expensive stuff, yards and yards of it making a very, very full, floor length skirt. The same satin in pale blue making the top with very full, long sleeves, 4" cuffs encrusted with fantastic jewels in all shades of blue. The waistline is encrusted with jewels. But what is dramatic is the plunging neckline .... it plunges to the waist. ~blush~ It wins any contest to show some skin.
Too bad every other woman at the "ball" is wearing a long sleeved white blouse and a floor-length, plaid, wool skirt.
jingle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote