View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I can go a solid month without needing to step out of this house.

Meds, batteries, gasoline stocked up in the shed. Generator, flash lights, animal foods, and supplies, water, TONS of water. you need at least one gallon per person per day of water. I have cash to easily buy things we need should the ATMs or electronic stuff be down, and have many things to barter with. The basement is full of canned, jarred, and frozen foods. I was raised knowing how to garden, and hunt.

Its a good idea to have a small suitcase packed with your emergency needs in case you must evacuate to a shelter somewhere. a 2 week supply of meds. your IDs. bank book, or passports. a calling card in case your cell phone doesnt work and you need to call long distance to tell folks you are ok. CASH. not tons of it, but enough to be able to buy something if you are stuck, and folks are charging $20 for a loaf of bread.

dont forget your animals. many shelters are now accepting doggies and kitties. have a carrier packed and ready with their info. I have a carrier that includes a harness for both animals. That harness has their rabies tag, info tag, and vet info in it. Both carriers are light weight and easy to carry a long distance if needed. I am thinking about getting one on rollars tho.

common sense rules the day. if you are prepared, you wont starve to death or freeze to death in your own home.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-29-2010)