View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Okay, so I stole the thread title from Ms. Alffe....she has a thread on the SOS forum about emergency supplies and it got me thinking. Am I prepared for an emergency? Could I survive in this house for several days without "contact" with the outside world or modern conveniences? What, if anything, do you do for preparations? Do you have a supply of food, medical supplies, etc. stashed away for just such an event? If so, what do you have?

Here are some of the things I thought of that I should have a supply of just in case:
Can you think of anything else?
You may want to think of a way to purify water. if you have city water and they stop treating it (think haitii) you will want a way to sanitize it. They sell UV lights that can be plunked into any bottle or bucket of water that will kill the bacteria and virus' and they sell portable bottles that have filters in them to remove nasty bugs if you have to drink from a stream. Iodine tablets or chlorine tabs can be bought cheaply at most sporting good stores. You can spend from $3 to $300 depending on the item you buy. I have a UV light that cost $79 on sale and will do large amounts of water, and only needs fresh batteries to work.

Have a car charger for your cell phone or Laptop so that you can recharge them if the power is out.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (10-29-2010)